When a group of room feeling the harsh living conditions of the City of Ephesus climbed the mountains, they discovered Şirince, a secret heaven. To keep its beauty a secret, they called this heavenly place "Çirkince"( Ugly). People from diffrent cultures and beliefs lived in peace and understanding here for centuries under the shadows of century - old trees. With plenty of valleys, waterfalls, vineyards and bird chirping, the village offers a fairy tale- like vacation to those who love peace and silence. Don't leave here without tasting the homemade fruit wine...
Highlights of the Sirince:
- Tasting the homemade fruit wine
- Visiting St Johns church which is being restored
- Tasting olives and olive oil and buying hand made olive oil soap
- Visiting the restored Orthodox church with fountain and statue of the Virgin Mary
- Shopping in the market street